Interstate 64 weigh station in Shelby County closes | Transportation
Press Release From KYTC
FRANKFORT, KY – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) weigh station along eastbound Interstate 64 in Shelby County is closed and will remain closed until a new facility is built on the existing site.
Message boards along eastbound I-64 will notify truckers of the closed weigh station, and safety barrels will be placed on the weigh station’s entrance and exit ramps to prevent traffic from driving through the facility. The weigh station will remain closed for at least four months.
The facility was built in the 1960s. Nearly 16,000 trucks rolled across its scales monthly.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder