Interstate 264 ramp to Interstate 64 to close | Transportation
LOUISVILLE, KY - The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) District 5 Office advises motorists of a ramp closure at the interchange of Interstates 64 and 264 this week. Contract crews will be replacing concrete pavement on this ramp.
The exit ramp from westbound I-264 (Watterson Expressway) to westbound I-64 (Exit 19B) is scheduled for closure from 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, July 17 until 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 19. Motorists should follow the signed detour via three of the loop ramps in the I-264/I-64 interchange (see diagram below).
This work is part of the I-264 construction project for concrete pavement repairs between Browns Lane and Westport Road (mile points 18.4 to 20.7). Hall Contracting, Inc. was awarded the contract for this project in the amount of $8.1 million. The contract completion date is July 31, 2013.
The actual starting date and duration of this work may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen delays occur. Dial 511 or log on to 511.ky.gov for the latest in traffic and travel information in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. You can also get traffic information for the District 5 counties at www.facebook.com/KYTCDistrict5.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder
- Woman accused of stabbing man after beating him in the head with spoon
- Four suspected of stealing 'truck load' of scrap metal from vacant warehouse
- Family of murdered woman pleads for answers
- Turkey-stuffed shoppers line up for Thanksgiving deals
- Bus company JCPS deemed unsafe resurfaces under new owner