Ramp from I-64 East to I-65 South to close July 15 | Transportation
From Bridges Project-Downtown Crossing
LOUISVILLE, KY - The interstate ramp from I-64 East to I-65 South will close the night of July 15. This is the only ramp closure for 2013 in connection with the new Downtown Crossing.
There will be some one-night closures early next week to prepare for the ramp closure:
Monday, July 8:
- The left lane of I-65 South from the Kennedy Bridge to Muhammad Ali will be closed from 9 p.m. on Monday, July 8 to 5 a.m. on Tuesday, July 9.
Tuesday, July 9:
- The left lane of the ramp from I-64 West to I-65 South will be closed from 9 p.m. on Tuesday, July 9 to 5 a.m. on Wednesday, July 10.
- The right lane of I-65 South at the Jefferson Street exit ramp and the left lane of the exit ramp will be closed from 9 p.m. on Tuesday, July 9 to 5 a.m. on Wednesday, July 10.
The ramp closure, which will continue into 2016, is necessary to maintain the flow of traffic on I-64, I-65 and I-71 during the project.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder
- Woman accused of stabbing man after beating him in the head with spoon
- Four suspected of stealing 'truck load' of scrap metal from vacant warehouse
- Family of murdered woman pleads for answers
- Turkey-stuffed shoppers line up for Thanksgiving deals
- Bus company JCPS deemed unsafe resurfaces under new owner