Roadwork to begin July 1 | Transportation
From KYTCFRANKFORT, KY - Pothole patching, sweeping, drain & ditch cleaning, pavement marking, and maintenance crews may work on major interstates in the Louisville Metro area only during non-peak daytime hours and at night. Motorists should watch for roadside maintenance and pavement marking crews on interstates and highways throughout the rest of the district on a daily basis.
- Interstate 265: Lane closures and delays possible in both directions between KY 146 (LaGrange Road) and Westport Road (mile points 30.3 and 32.5) due to concrete pavement repairs. The roadway may be reduced to one lane in each direction on weeknights Monday – Friday from 8:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. the following morning and on weekends from 8:00 p.m. on Friday until 6:00 a.m. on Monday.
- Interstate 264: Lane closures and delays possible between Browns Lane and Westport Road (mile points 18.4 and 20.7). Lane and ramp closures are possible weeknights from 8:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. the following morning and on weekends from 8:00 p.m. on Friday until 6:00 a.m. on Monday. Lane closures are scheduled for westbound I-264 between US 60 and I-64 (mile points 19.0 and 19.7) from 9:00 a.m. on Monday, July 1 until 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 3.
- US 31E (Bardstown Road): Lane closures and delays possible between Brentlinger Lane and the I-265 interchange (mile points 4.3 and 5.0) due to roadway widening. Lane closures are possible weeknights Monday – Thursday from 8:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. the following morning. On weekends, lane closures are possible from 8:00 p.m. on Friday until 5:00 a.m. on Monday. The speed limit is reduced in the work zone.
- US 60 (Frankfort Avenue): Lane closures and delays possible between Mellwood Avenue and Bayly Avenue (mile points 0.0 and 1.4) due to roadway milling and resurfacing. Lane closures will occur on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Milling operations are scheduled from 11:30 p.m. on Friday, June 28 until 5:00 a.m. on Monday, July 1. Paving is scheduled for the week of July 1.
- KY 22: Lane closures and delays possible between New Chamberlain Lane and Hitt Road (mile points 4.4 and 5.1) due to corrective work.
- KY 155 (Taylorsville Road): Lane closures and delays possible at Old Heady Road (mile point 7.5) due to turning lane installation.
- KY 1531 (Routt Road): Lane closures and delays possible between the Jefferson/Bullitt County line and KY 155 (mile points 0.0 and 5.6) due to roadway drainage improvements. Lane closures are possible weekdays from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- KY 1631 (Crittenden Drive): Lane closures and delays possible between Mohawk Avenue and Eastern Parkway (mile point 0.0 and 1.58) due to roadway striping and sidewalk ramp replacement. Lane closures are possible weekdays from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- KY 1747 (Hurstbourne Parkway): Lane closures and delays possible between Bluegrass Parkway and Linn Station Road (mile points 11.6 and 12.2) due to the interchange improvement project. Lane closures are possible nightly from 9:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. the following morning.
- KY 1932 (Breckenridge Lane): Lane closures and delays possible between Hillbrook Drive and Dutchmans Lane (mile points 3.2 and 3.8) due to concrete pavement repairs. Lane closures are possible weeknights from 7:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. the following morning and on weekends from 7:00 p.m. on Fridays until 6:00 a.m. on Mondays.
- KY 61 (Buckman Street): Lane closures and delays possible between Joe B. Hall Avenue and Adam Shepherd Parkway (mile point 14.2 and 14.8) due to sidewalk and drainage repairs.
- KY 151: Lane closures and delays possible between Old KY 151 and Interstate 64 (mile points 1.6 and 2.1) due to shoulder work and guardrail installation.
- Interstate 71: Lane closures and delays possible between mile points 25 and 38 due to pavement repairs. The roadway will be reduced to one lane weekdays 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- KY 3222 (Rose Island Road): The roadway will be closed at Oldham Acres Road (mile point 1.80) due to cross-drain installation. This closure is scheduled for Tuesday, July 2 from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Eastbound Interstate 64: The right lane will be closed between mile points 25 and 26 due to shoulder and drainage work. Lane closure is possible weekdays from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. through mid-July.
- Interstate 64: Lane closures and delays possible from the Welcome Center to ½ mile east of KY 55 (mile points 27.9 to 32.8) due to roadway widening. Lane closures are possible Sunday - Friday from 7:00 p.m. each evening until 5:00 a.m. the following morning and on Saturdays from 10:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. the following morning.
- KY 55: Lane closures and delays between Breighton Boulevard and Old Brunerstown Road (mile points 5.8 and 6.6) due to roadway widening and paving.
- KY 1399: Construction delays possible at the intersection with KY 1848 (mile point 2.4) due to roadway relocation.
- KY 1848: Shoulder closures and construction delays possible at the I-64 interchange (mile points 4.6 to 6.4) due to roadway widening. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction. The speed limit is reduced to 35 MPH in the work zone.
- KY 2885: Temporary closures between mile points 0 to 4 due to cross-drain repairs. This section of the roadway will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings through mid-July. The roadway will be closed to traffic from 4:00 p.m. until midnight. Only emergency vehicles will be allowed access during these closure hours.
- US 421: Construction delays possible near the bridge over the Ohio River (mile points 18.7 to 19.2). The Milton-Madison Bridge is posted for a 15-ton weight limit. Vehicles in excess of 36 feet in length are also restricted due to the limited turn radius of the temporary ramps.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder
- Woman accused of stabbing man after beating him in the head with spoon
- Four suspected of stealing 'truck load' of scrap metal from vacant warehouse
- Family of murdered woman pleads for answers
- Turkey-stuffed shoppers line up for Thanksgiving deals
- Bus company JCPS deemed unsafe resurfaces under new owner