Work continues on Kennedy Bridge | Transportation
From Bridges Project-Downtown Crossing
LOUISVILLE, KY - Work on the Kennedy Bridge will continue this weekend with some lane closures beginning Friday, June 14. Two of the three southbound lanes of I-65 will be affected. The work is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. Friday, with lanes reopening by 5 a.m. Monday.
The right two lanes of I-65 South will be closed from just north of the Kennedy Bridge in Jeffersonville, Ind., to the far south end of the bridge in downtown Louisville. Southbound traffic will be limited to one lane. The entrance ramp from Court Avenue in Jeffersonville to southbound I-65 will be closed during the weekend work.
All lanes and exit ramps at the south end of the Kennedy Bridge will remain open. The Exit 0 ramp from southbound I-65 to West Market Street in Jeffersonville will be open.
Walsh Construction, the design-build team building the Downtown Crossing, is doing the work as part of the Ohio River Bridges Project, which includes improvements to the Kennedy Bridge. Crews have spent three weekends making structural steel repairs. They will be painting the new steel cover plates this weekend.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder
- Woman accused of stabbing man after beating him in the head with spoon
- Four suspected of stealing 'truck load' of scrap metal from vacant warehouse
- Family of murdered woman pleads for answers
- Turkey-stuffed shoppers line up for Thanksgiving deals
- Bus company JCPS deemed unsafe resurfaces under new owner