Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory Opens New Exhibit – Baseball Hotties: Studs We Love | News
From Matthew Willinger
LOUISVILLE, KY -- Exhibition Celebrates Hottest Men in Baseball History. Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory has opened a new, original exhibition this fall entitled Baseball Hotties: Studs We Love, celebrating the boys of summer who make fans swoon. The game’s steamiest superstars will be spotlighted, from the 1800s to today.
The exhibit, which runs through January 13, 2013, includes original, interactive elements, along with personal items from some of Major League Baseball’s sexiest players, which will be on public display for the first time.
Featured highlights of the Baseball Hotties exhibition include:
• Displays of baseball’s hottest players throughout the decades, including a life-size reproduction of the iconic 1970s Jockey advertisement that featured baseball great Jim Palmer.
• The Field of Dreamboats – Six of today’s sexiest ballplayers emerge from the museum’s indoor corn field in life-size form.
• A tribute to Louisville’s own Morganna – “The Kissing Bandit”. The interactive display celebrates the fun and excitement Morganna brought to the game as she pursued the best-looking men in baseball and caught them with a kiss. Highlighting the tribute is an actual bra worn by Morganna that is on loan to the museum by sportscaster Craig Sager.
• A look at 19th Century sex appeal tracing the origins of baseball hotties to Mike “King” Kelly, a superstar player from the 1800s.
• The inaugural Baseball Hotties Hall of Fame – A display that enshrines the hottest players in baseball history. The final three players in the Hotties Hall of Fame inaugural class of 10 will be left for the fans to elect!
The exhibit joins an already impressive line-up at Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory. Admission to the museum includes interactive exhibits, a short feature film, historic memorabilia, the World’s Biggest Baseball Bat and an award-winning factory tour.
As an added bonus, all guests receive a free souvenir mini-bat at the end of their factory tour. Tours are given seven days a week and guests are guaranteed to view bat production on each tour.
There will be no extra charge to see “Baseball Hotties: Studs We Love”. The exhibition will be included in the general admission price for Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory.