Ramps to be temporarily closed on I-65 north | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Several ramps will be temporarily closed on Interstate 65 north in Louisville July 6 and July 7.
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet said the closures are part of the I-65 pavement replacement project.
According to KYTC, the following ramp closure schedule is anticipated for this weekend:
• Entrance ramp from Preston Street – closed Friday, July 6 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• Exit ramp to Jackson Street (Exit 134A) – closed Friday, July 6 from 9:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
• Exit ramp to Woodbine Street (Exit 134B) – closed from 11:00 p.m. on Friday, July 6 until 1:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 7
• Exit ramp to St. Catherine Street (Exit 135) – closed Saturday, July 7 from 1:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m.
• Entrance ramp from St. Catherine Street – closed Saturday, July 7 from 3:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.
• Exit ramp to Broadway/Chestnut Street (Exit 136A) – closed Saturday, July 7 from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
• Exit ramp to Brook Street (Exit 136B) - closed Saturday, July 7 from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Andrea Clifford with KYTC said, some of the ramp closures may overlap. However, crews will not have consecutive ramps closed at the same time.
Resurfacing of these ramps is scheduled for the weekend of July 13-15.
For construction and traffic updates, visit http://transportation.ky.gov/District-5/Pages/I-65-Construction.aspx. Dial 511 or log on to 511.ky.gov for the latest in traffic and travel information across the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.