Tips to keep your pets safe during fireworks | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – Do not forget your pets as you celebrate Independence Day.
The Kentucky Humane Society said more pets get hurt or lost during the 4th of July that any other time of the year.
Experts said there are several things you can do to keep your pets safe.
- Leave your pets at home during fireworks demonstrations. The loud booming of big shows can hurt their ears.
- If you are celebrating at home, keep your pets inside with the windows closed and curtains pulled.
- Make sure your pets have a collar with ID tags.
- If you find a lost animal, take it to a local shelter right away so they can be reunited with their owners.
- Clean up what is left of your fireworks, so your pets will not eat it.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.