Cooling centers open around Kentuckiana | News
With high temperatures forecasted to be in the triple digits, numerous cooling centers have been open to the public across Kentuckiana to help you beat the heat.
- In Radcliff: The Colvin Community Center will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Water will be on site, but food items, and any item needed for each persons daily health and routine will have to be brought from home. This shelter from the heat is not for family pets. Colvin Community Center is not equipped for animals. The shelter will be provided as long as 100 degree temperatures are in our area.
- In New Albany: The Salvation Army, 2300 Green Valley Road, New Albany, Indiana has a cooling station set up Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- In Louisville: United Crescent Hill Ministries, located at 150 S. State Street, Louisville, 40206, is offering its premises as a Cooling Center to area residents who are trying to escape the excessive heat.
- Other Metro Louisville centers
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder
- Woman accused of stabbing man after beating him in the head with spoon
- Four suspected of stealing 'truck load' of scrap metal from vacant warehouse
- Family of murdered woman pleads for answers
- Turkey-stuffed shoppers line up for Thanksgiving deals
- Bus company JCPS deemed unsafe resurfaces under new owner