Police interview with the mother of murdered Louisville teen released | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - While police investigated the death of Louisville teen Gregory Holt, his mother got emotional during an interview with police.
Holt's mother, Kendra Wilson, said, "All I know is when I came home my son was dead. That's all I know. When I came home my door was kicked in and my son was dead. I was not there. That's what the cameras are for at the apartment complex."
Holt was found shot and killed on his bedroom floor on April 11. Police believe the 15-year-old was shot because of Wilson.
Court documents say on the night before her son's murder, Wilson lured James Mallory, 29, into an alley where two men were waiting to try and kill him. Documents said she told them to pretend not to know her and engage Mallory in conversation. Guns were drawn and the two said they demanded cash from Mallory, who ran and was wounded. Mallory said he was unarmed. She is charged with attempted murder.
Police say Mallory killed the teen in retaliation. He is currently being held on that charge.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder