Education commissioner gets 4 year extension | News
FRANKFORT, KY (WAVE) – Kentucky Education Commissioner Terry Holliday is getting a four year contract extension.
Under Holliday's leadership, Kentucky has seen improved test scores in assessments for 8th and 10th grade students, among other accomplishments.
Holliday was hired by the State School Board in 2009. The new contract does not include a raise in his $225,000 a year salary.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder