Youth retreat hopes to combat recent violence | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE)- 1+1 = U and Harrods Creek Baptist Church in Prospect will host a Stop The Violence Youth Retreat Friday, May 25 through Sunday, May 27.
Approximately 100 inner city boys and girls from middle school and high school will take part in the retreat. They will have workshops and discussions about the recent events that have occurred in West Louisville and ways to overcome these issues.
Guest speakers at the retreat include NFL football player Keenan Burton, along with Richard Whitlock and Michelle Lawlise.
The youth also will get to do various activities during the weekend including sports and other games, movies, a possible outing to Hays Kennedy Park and an optional church service on Sunday.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder
- Woman accused of stabbing man after beating him in the head with spoon
- Four suspected of stealing 'truck load' of scrap metal from vacant warehouse
- Family of murdered woman pleads for answers
- Turkey-stuffed shoppers line up for Thanksgiving deals
- Bus company JCPS deemed unsafe resurfaces under new owner