Train rides to be offered at zoo | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - The Louisville Zoo is getting ready to offer train rides for the first time since 2009.
Two new trains from the British manufacturer Severn Lamb are painted and ready, but will not be operated until employees are properly trained on them.
The Severn Lamb company is the same one that provides trains for Disney amusement parks.
The trains cost the Zoo around $800,000 for both.
There has not been a train in operation at the Louisville Zoo since the June 1, 2009 derailment that injured 17 children and 5 adults.
Copyright 2013 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder