LMPD issues guidelines for non-injury crashes on icy roads | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – A Winter
Weather Advisory for Jefferson County was lifted several hours early on
Wednesday and officials with Jefferson County Public Schools decided to open
their doors and operate on a normal schedule, but that doesn't mean road conditions throughout
Metro Louisville are ideal.
The Louisville Metro Police Department
has been deluged with reports of traffic accidents since Tuesday night. Drivers involved in minor,
non-injury accidents are asked to use state accident forms rather than calling
LMPD. State accident forms will remain in effect for all minor accidents that
do not involve injuries until further notice.
People involved in such accidents should
exchange names, contact and insurance information. They should then go to LMPD
Headquarters at 633 W. Jefferson Street to pick up a state accident form. Hours
of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. State accident
forms can also be accessed at www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroPolice.
Click on the link ‘Report an Accident,' and follow the directions on that page.
Copyright 2013 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder