Details released for Waterfront Independence Festival | Events
Leaders have announced their plans for this year's Waterfront Independence Festival.
CMT award winner Thompson Square will headline a concert on Tuesday, July 3. Wednesday, July 4 will be an eclectic evening with reggae legend Jimmy Cliff.
The festival will also include children's activities, a lot of food and fireworks.
The festivities are free and safe.
"Fireworks are dangerous," said Louisville Fire Department Chief Greg Frederick. "They can result in burns, injuries. If you want to have a safe Independence Day, leave it to the professionals and come down to the Waterfront."
The entertainment starts at 5 p.m. both days.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder