Officials to kick off 4th of July by reading The Declaration of Independence | Events
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Members of the Jefferson County Democratic Party will start the Fourth of July by reading The Declaration of Independence.
The elected officials who will read the document are Congressman John Yarmuth, County Attorney Mike O’Connell, Senator Morgan McGarvey, State Representatives Denny Butler and Jeff Donohue, Metro Council Members Cindi Fowler and Attica Scott along with Fairness Director Chris Hartman. Tony Lindauer, Jefferson County PVA will sing the National Anthem.
The event will take place on the steps out front of Metro Hall, located on Jefferson Street between 5th and 6th Streets, at 9 a.m. on July 4.
Copyright 2013 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder
- Woman accused of stabbing man after beating him in the head with spoon
- Four suspected of stealing 'truck load' of scrap metal from vacant warehouse
- Family of murdered woman pleads for answers
- Turkey-stuffed shoppers line up for Thanksgiving deals
- Bus company JCPS deemed unsafe resurfaces under new owner