Louisville Bats to host military appreciation day at Louisville Slugger Field | Events
From The Louisville Bats
LOUISVILLE, KY – The Louisville Bats will host Military Appreciation Day on Memorial Day to conclude a patriotic weekend at Louisville Slugger Field. With proper identification (military ID or DD Form 214), all active duty military, reservists, national guardsmen and their family members will receive free admission to the Bats’ 4:05 p.m. game on Monday, May 27 against the Columbus Clippers. The 2013 season marks the 13th year the Bats have honored the military with free admission on Memorial Day.
Also included in the Memorial Day weekend festivities will be a red, white and blue hat giveaway to the first 2,500 fans with paid admission at the Saturday, May 25 6:05 p.m. game. Fireworks will follow both the Friday, May 24 6:35 p.m. and Sunday, May 26 6:05 p.m. games.
Two Budweiser $1 beer happy hours featuring live music from Kevin Cummings Band on May 23 and Olivia Henken on May 30 will also be featured at Louisville Slugger Field. The Bats’ homestand includes eight games in all—four against the Pawtucket Red Sox from May 23 to May 26 and four against the Columbus Clippers from May 27 to May 30.
Star southpaw pitching prospect Tony Cingrani is slated to start the Bats’ homestand opener on May 23 against Pawtucket. Cingrani recently returned to Louisville after his second career stint with the Cincinnati Reds where he went 2-0 in six starts with a 3.27 ERA and 41 strikeouts. He will be making his fourth appearance with the Bats, his first since April 14. He has allowed just three hits and no runs in 14 1/3 Triple-A innings while striking out 26 batters and walking just two.
The Bats have averaged 9,040 fans per game at Louisville Slugger Field since its opening in 2000 and have totaled over 8.2 million fans through 13 seasons.
The entire 2013 Bats schedule, including updated promotions and special events, can be found online at www.batsbaseball.com. Full and partial season tickets, along with group outings and suite rentals are available by calling the Bats front office at (502) 212-2287.
Tickets are available at the Louisville Slugger Field box office, on-line at www.batsbaseball.com or by calling the Bats ticket office directly at (855) 228-8497. Regular hours at the Louisville Slugger Field box office and for ordering tickets by phone are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Louisville Bats Homestand Highlights • May 23 – May 30, 2013
Thursday, May 23 – Louisville Bats vs. Pawtucket Red Sox, 6:35 p.m.
- Budweiser Beer Happy Hour: $1 Bud and Bud Light from 5:30-7 p.m. plus live music by Kevin Cummings Band on the Overlook Deck.
- Gildan Underwear & Socks Sampling Giveaway.
Friday, May 24 – Louisville Bats vs. Pawtucket Red Sox, 6:35 p.m.
- KentuckyOne Health Blood Pressure Screening on main concourse.
- Postgame Fireworks, presented by U of L Healthcare.
Saturday, May 25 – Louisville Bats vs. Pawtucket Red Sox, 6:05 p.m.
- Red, White and Blue Hat Giveaway to first 2,500 paid admissions, presented by GE and WHAS11.
- Appearance by BirdZerk!, presented by Marathon.
- Budweiser Backyard Bash with cornhole from 5-7:30 p.m. on Overlook Deck. $3 Craft Beer Saturday Special on the Overlook Deck until the end of the 7th inning. Adult fans may also register to win two World Series tickets.
Sunday, May 26 – Louisville Bats vs. Pawtucket Red Sox, 6:05 p.m.
- Inflatable KidsZone from 5-8 p.m. in the Hall of Fame Pavilion, presented by Cinemark Theatres.
- Postgame appearance by chainsaw juggler Mad Chad Taylor, presented by Pepsi.
- Postgame fireworks, presented by LG&E.
Monday, May 27 – Louisville Bats vs. Columbus Clippers, 4:05 p.m.
- Military Appreciation Day: Free admission to all military personnel and their families, presented by GE.
- Pregame performance and National Anthem by 113th Army Band from Fort Knox.
- Baseball Bingo, presented by Blue Bell Ice Cream and Meijer.
- Postgame Kids Run the Bases, presented by Meijer and YMCA.
Tuesday, May 28 – Louisville Bats vs. Columbus Clippers, 6:35 p.m.
- End of School Appreciation Night: $5 field reserved tickets may be purchased online with code “family” or at the box office.
- $1 Hot Dogs and Pepsi Products.
Wednesday, May 29 – Louisville Bats vs. Columbus Clippers, 11:05 a.m.
- Education Day
- Ladies Night: Half-priced field reserved tickets for ladies 16 and over with a voucher from any Sun Tan City location, presented by Sun Tan City.
Thursday, May 30 – Louisville Bats vs. Columbus Clippers, 6:35 p.m.
- Budweiser Beer Happy Hour: $1 Bud and Bud Light from 5:30-7 p.m. plus live music by Olivia Henken on the Overlook Deck.
- Ben Rhodes NASCAR Car Display in Jackson Street Picnic Area.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder