Street closures set for Papa John's 10 Miler | Events
From Rene’ Kesterson
LOUISVILLE, KY - The Papa John’s 10 Miler celebrates its 13th Anniversary with an impressive field of more than 8,000 runners and walkers registered from 26 states.
The race will begin at 8 a.m., Saturday, April 6, and is the third leg of the Louisville Triple Crown of Running, sponsored by Novo Nordisk. Proceeds from the Papa John’s 10 Miler, presented by Nike, will benefit the WHAS Crusade for Children.
Due to the race, the following locations near Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium and Iroquois Park will be affected. Below is the road closure list for race day. A course map is attached.
- South on 3rd Street from Central Avenue to
- Southern Parkway to,
- Left (South) on New Cut Road to,
- Right (West) into Iroquois Park at the Amphitheater Parking lot
- Runners will enter the park & travel through the park clockwise
- Left on Rundill Road (Road that circles inside Iroquois Park.)
- Exiting the Iroquois Park at New Cut Road and Southern Parkway
- North on Southern Parkway to,
- North on 3rd Street to,
- Right (East) on Central Avenue to,
- Left (North) on Floyd Street to,
- Left into Papa John’s Stadium.
“No Stopping” 3rd Street between Winkler Avenue and Southern Parkway
“Road Closed” Taylor Boulevard and Brookline
“Road Closed” New Cut Road and Park Road
“Road Closed” Kenwood Drive and Fay Avenue
“Road Closed” 4th Street and Oakdale
“Road Closed” 3rd Street and Kenton
No on-street parking will be permitted on Third Street from Heywood Avenue to Southern Parkway from 5 a.m. until noon.
STREET CLOSURES: 6:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Central Avenue from Third Street to Fourth Street
- Central Avenue from Floyd Street to Third Street (Central Station traffic only)
- Third Street from Central Avenue to Southern Parkway
7:00 a.m. to Noon
- Southern Parkway from Florence Avenue to Southern Heights Avenue
- Southern Parkway from Third Street to Florence Avenue
- Southern Parkway from Southern Heights Avenue to New Cut Road/Taylor Blvd.
7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Floyd Street from Central Avenue to Boxley Avenue
8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Taylor Blvd. from Huntoon Avenue to Southern Parkway
- New Cut Road from Southern Parkway to Palatka Road
- Iroquois Park (All Park Streets)
“We are expecting thousands of runners at this year’s race,” said Rene’ Kesterson, Race Director. Thanks to all the runners, walkers, sponsors and volunteers – we couldn’t do the race without all of you. It takes an army of volunteers to do this event, truly a community effort.”
The continuing goal of the Papa John’s 10 Miler is to improve the lives of children in the Kentuckiana area served by the WHAS Crusade for Children. Last year, the Papa John’s 10 Miler raised $55,000, while the Louisville Triple Crown of Running collectively raised $171,862. Since 2002, the Louisville Triple Crown of Running is proud to have donated more than $1 million to the Crusade for Children.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder
- Woman accused of stabbing man after beating him in the head with spoon
- Four suspected of stealing 'truck load' of scrap metal from vacant warehouse
- Family of murdered woman pleads for answers
- Turkey-stuffed shoppers line up for Thanksgiving deals
- Bus company JCPS deemed unsafe resurfaces under new owner