New event to showcase craft breweries | Events
LOUISVILLE, KY – The latest edition to the Kentucky Derby Festival’s event schedule is the first-ever BeerFest presented by American Founders Bank to be held on Wednesday, May 1, inside Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville on the Waterfront. Regional and national breweries in Kentuckiana will be invited to participate and offer samples of different craft beers.
“Craft beer is a growing industry in Kentucky and we’re excited to be a part of this new venture.” said Trish Osborn, 2013 Derby Festival Vice Chair and American Founders Bank Louisville Market President. “Partnering with the Festival allows American Founders Bank the great opportunity to show our support of the community and local businesses through these one-of-a-kind events in the spring.”
American Founders Bank has been a partner of the Festival since expanding it s Kentucky-based business to the Louisville area in December 2007. They have also sponsored other events including WineFest, the annual Fillies Derby Ball and the Spring Fashion Show.
“We couldn’t add new events to our schedule without the support of community-minded sponsors like American Founders Bank,” said Mike Berry, KDF President and CEO. “BeerFest will definitely be a welcome addition to the ever growing line-up at Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville on the Waterfront.”
Below is a list of just some of the brewing companies that will be featured. A complete list will be available on www.kdf.org.
- Cumberland Brewery
- West Sixth Brewing Co.
- Alltech Lexington Brewing and Distilling Co.
- Falls City Brewing Company
- Sterling Beer
- Rivertown Brewing Co.
- Blue Moon Brewing Co.
- Henry Wienhard's
- Batch 19
- Redd's Apple Ale
- Upland Brewing Co.
- The New Albanian Brewing Co.
- Bluegrass Brewing Co.
Tickets to BeerFest cost $35 and include beer tastings, a sampling mug and a BeerFest pin. BeerFest will be open from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. and will take place inside a tented venue at the Overlook inside Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville. It will be held rain or shine. Tickets are available now at both American Founders Bank locations in Louisville, or by calling (502) 584-FEST and online at www.kdf.org.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder
- Woman accused of stabbing man after beating him in the head with spoon
- Four suspected of stealing 'truck load' of scrap metal from vacant warehouse
- Family of murdered woman pleads for answers
- Turkey-stuffed shoppers line up for Thanksgiving deals
- Bus company JCPS deemed unsafe resurfaces under new owner