Louisville Bats announce start of 2013 baseball season | Events
From Chad Fischer, Bats Baseball
LOUISVILLE, KY – The Louisville Bats have announced that the 2013 baseball season will begin on April 4th, with the Opening Night game at 6:35 p.m. against the Toledo Mud Hens, Triple-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. On Opening Night, fans will be able to enjoy $1 Budweiser and Bud Light drafts on the Overlook Deck from 5:30-7 p.m.
The first 2,500 fans over the age of 21 through the gates will receive a commemorative Joey Votto beer stein and the first 2,000 fans will receive a 2013 Louisville Bats magnetic schedule.
The 2013 season marks both the Bats’ 14th year at Louisville Slugger Field and 14th year as an affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds. Single-game tickets (including April 20 for Thunder Over Louisville and July 3 for the Independence Day fireworks show), full and partial season tickets, group outings and suite rentals are available by calling the Bats front office at (502) 212-2287 or visiting batsbaseball.com.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder
- Woman accused of stabbing man after beating him in the head with spoon
- Four suspected of stealing 'truck load' of scrap metal from vacant warehouse
- Family of murdered woman pleads for answers
- Turkey-stuffed shoppers line up for Thanksgiving deals
- Bus company JCPS deemed unsafe resurfaces under new owner