Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration | Events
From Charmein Weathers
LOUISVILLE, KY - The Archdiocese of Louisville’s Office of Multicultural Ministry will host the 28th Annual Community Wide Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration on Monday, January 21, 2013, 1:30 p.m. at the Cathedral of the Assumption, 433 South 5th Street, Louisville, KY 40202.
The theme this year is “A Man of Faith and Conviction”. The speaker for the celebration will be Rev. Mr. Royce Winters, Director, Office of African American Catholic Ministries, Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Most Reverend Joseph E. Kurtz, D.D., Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Louisville and the Archdiocesan Gospel Choir will be a part of the celebration.
For further details, please call the Office of Multicultural Ministry at 502/636-0296, ext. 1245.
The Office of Multicultural Ministry (OMM), one of 19 service agencies of the Archdiocese of Louisville, exists to give direction and leadership to the full and holistic development of our growing and diverse Catholic community. OMM provides resources to the local Church in its effort to respond to diverse ethnic pastoral needs and concerns. It utilizes local and national resources to foster holistic development from a cultural perspective and encourages the full participation of the multicultural community through the implementation of the archdiocesan strategic plan in collaboration with various national ethnic pastoral plans.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder
- Woman accused of stabbing man after beating him in the head with spoon
- Four suspected of stealing 'truck load' of scrap metal from vacant warehouse
- Family of murdered woman pleads for answers
- Turkey-stuffed shoppers line up for Thanksgiving deals
- Bus company JCPS deemed unsafe resurfaces under new owner