Ford CEO Alan Mulally keynote speaker at GLI's 2011 annual meeting | Business
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Ford President and CEO Alan Mulally will be the keynote speaker at GLI's 2011 Annual Meeting on March 15 at the KFC Yum! Center. The event brings hundreds of regional business and community leaders together to recognize the region’s past successes and celebrate future possibilities.
Mr. Mulally will discuss how the Ford team returned the company to profitability during the recent economic crisis, how innovation is impacting Ford’s success, and why manufacturing matters to Kentucky and the U.S.
Several other people will also be recognized, including a Gold Cup Award for Christy and Owsley Brown II, and a Silver Fleur-De-Lis Award for Joe Steier, President and CEO of Signature HealthCARE, and James Ramsey, President of the University of Louisville.
The event starts at 5 p.m. and ends at 8:30 p.m. Here's a breakdown of the agenda:
5 p.m. - Doors Open
5:30 – 5:45 p.m. – Media set up for coverage of Mr. Mulally’s speech
6 p.m. – Program begins
7:15 - 8:30 p.m. - Networking, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder
- Woman accused of stabbing man after beating him in the head with spoon
- Four suspected of stealing 'truck load' of scrap metal from vacant warehouse
- Family of murdered woman pleads for answers
- Turkey-stuffed shoppers line up for Thanksgiving deals
- Bus company JCPS deemed unsafe resurfaces under new owner