12 companies recognized as region’s most innovative | Business
Press Release from Greater Louisville Inc.
LOUISVILLE, KY - EnterpriseCorp, the division of Greater Louisville Inc. that specializes in nurturing the region’s fast-growth entrepreneurial sector, has named its annual “Hot Dozen,” twelve of the region’s most innovative up and coming companies. The companies will be honored at the “Hot Dozen” Showcase, a reception held this evening, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m., at 21C Museum Hotel, 700 West Main Street (registration is required). The showcase will include demonstrations and displays of the Hot Dozen’s work, along with networking opportunities for all participants.
The “Hot Dozen” is selected from the EnterpriseCorp’s Innovation Network. These companies exemplify some of the high-potential work being done in the region’s entrepreneurial community. Past winners of the “Hot Dozen” include such stand outs as; GlowTouch Technologies (Inc. 500), Simpak International (Inc. 500), Genscape, Impulcity, Mavizon and MobileMedTek.
“GLI is proud to recognize twelve of the best and brightest start-ups in our community,” said GLI President and CEO Craig J. Richard. “These companies are well positioned to do big things and we look forward to celebrating their continuing success.”
The 2013 “Hot Dozen” Companies Are:
- Agile Harbor is a software company specializing in eCommerce through their primary product, SkuVault, a cloud-based warehouse management system that helps you prevent out of stocks, reduce human error, and improve warehouse efficiency.
- Bourbon Barrel Foods produces distinctive gourmet sauces, spices, sugars, sorghum, cocktail condiments, and grilling material, all of which embrace the history and mystique of Kentucky’s Bourbon Country. Each all-natural product is handcrafted in small batches, utilizing reclaimed barrels from Kentucky’s finest bourbon distilleries to impart an added dimension of flavor and aromas that cannot be replicated.
- Collabra is an online platform that connects musicians to create, collaborate, and share music. It provides a simple tool to collaborate together in musical projects and builds on members' existing social networks in a way that engages artists and fans like never before.
- DCVR Outdoors manufactures a line of products for waterfowl, turkey and deer hunting. Their reputation has been built on their high quality, American-made products, dependable customer service, and ingenuity in the outdoor market.
- Edumedics helps businesses save money through a unique approach to chronic disease management. Using the power of data, education and medicine, Edumedics delivers management solutions to improve the health of employees and control health care costs.
- Got You In is the world's first universal scheduling app, specifically designed for barbers. Got You In empowers barbers, and their customers, to efficiently manage their calendars independently of one another.
- Liberate Medical is developing an abdominal electrical muscle stimulator, which synchronizes with a patient’s breathing activity, as a platform technology to treat patients with respiratory disease. They are initially focused on reducing air trapping in COPD patients and reducing hospital days for patients on mechanical ventilation.
- LocalView is a comprehensive platform for finding local businesses, events, and free mobile offers. They bring businesses new customers. The only time a business pays LocalView is after that business has received payment from their customer.
- New2Lou is an event-based, social networking organization for people who are new to Louisville as well as people interested in rediscovering their city. New2Lou connects people through social events, online interaction and networking opportunities which helps them easily acclimate to their personal and professional surroundings, get engaged in the community and become active and vital citizens.
- SuperFanU is a fan loyalty company that is a points and rewards-based system designed to drive attendance to sporting events for high schools, universities, and professional sports teams. It is accessible to fans via iPhone, Android and all other smart devices via a mobile site.
- Vivorte has a mission is to identify, develop and commercialize orthopedic medical devices which address a clear and unmet need in markets exceeding one billion dollars.
- Wicked Sheets is a luxury-medical bedding company that creates sheets that are comfortable, breathable, and silky to the touch. Wicked Sheets can heighten the sleeping experience for anyone, but are specifically designed to aid those who suffer from night sweats. The advanced technical fabric contains "smart" fibers that wick away moisture from the body, keeping both the bed and the sleeper cool and dry all night long.
The “Hot Dozen” Showcase is presented by Hilliard Lyons. Registration is $10. Walk-ins welcome. For more information, call 502.625.0000.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder
- Woman accused of stabbing man after beating him in the head with spoon
- Four suspected of stealing 'truck load' of scrap metal from vacant warehouse
- Family of murdered woman pleads for answers
- Turkey-stuffed shoppers line up for Thanksgiving deals
- Bus company JCPS deemed unsafe resurfaces under new owner