St. Joseph Children's Home to host annual fundraising picnic |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – St. Joseph Children's Home is hosting Louisville's largest and most popular picnic on Saturday, August 11.
The 164th annual St. Joseph Orphans Picnic takes place from noon until midnight on the ground of St. Joseph Children's Home at 2823 Frankfort Ave. During the day there will be family friendly activities and food. From 5 until 10 p.m., there will be a free concert featuring the Midlife Crisis Band and The Epics.
St. Joseph Children’s Home opened its doors in 1849 after the plague orphaned large amounts of children in Louisville. Today, the home continues the tradition of caring for Louisville's children by providing housing for 40 children ages five to 15 who are victims of severe abuse and neglect. The St. Joseph's Child Development Center provides quality year-round care for 150 children, and its foster care and adoption program serves 160 children.
For more information, contact Debra Thompson at 502-893-0241, extension 272.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Downtown Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder